Hello Magazine, October 2017
Looking for a quick and easy recipe for weekend breakfasts and brunches? These Colombian eggs put a twist on the traditional scrambled eggs…
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 20g unsalted butter
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced on the angle
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 plum tomato, quartered, deseeded and cut into 1cm dice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 5mm thick slices
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. When it’s foaming, add the spring onions and cook until soft, taking care not to let them burn.
- Add the eggs and scramble lightly. Finish with the diced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the sourdough and lay the avocado on top. Spoon the eggs over, season again and serve.
Colombian Eggs can be found on the Brunch menu at Duck & Waffle Local in Piccadilly on weekends and Bank Holidays.